Karwa Chauth 2019 is a Hindu festival celebrated among married women. The woman does Nirjala fast on this day. They do this fast, for the safety and long life of her husband. She does not take even water from sunrise to the moon.
This festival is celebrated by women from all over India, but it is celebrated by women in northern India, including Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat.
Fasting is mainly done by women, but recently many husbands have also do fasting for welfare for their wives.
According to the old tradition, Karwa Chauth is done on the 4th day after Purnima. On this day, women wear new clothes and apply mehndi on their hands. They, along with other women, tell folk stories about Karwa Chauth, sing Karwa Chauth songs.
Karwa Chauth Sargi time:
Sargi and is given to a married woman by her mother-in-law. Saari contains mud pots with sweets, dried fruits, feni, and snacks. Also included in Sargi are sari and jewelry. A woman who does fast of Karwa Chauth wakes up early in the morning and eats food which is in the Sargi. After this, they do not consume food or water all day. They break the fast after seeing the moon and making pray for her husband.
Things to do by women during the day:
Women gather and listen to Karuwa Chow Kata. A married woman glances at the moon through Karwa Chauth Channi and sees her husband through the Karwa Chauth Channi. The husband then gives his wife some fruits and sweets along with water and breaks the fasting of Karwa Chauth which she did throughout the day. The husband also offers a gift to his wife on this special day to show his love for her.
Things that must avoid on Karwa Chauth:
- Black, white or blue clothes should be avoided while doing the fast of Karwa Chauth
- Women should avoid donating any white thing
- Women should also avoid cutting clothes or vegetables.
- Should not do needle-thread and embroidery, sewing
Detail about 2019 Karwa Chauth:
- Karwa Chauth 2019 Date: Thursday, October 17, 2017
- Karwa Chauth puja schedule: According to Drikpanchang, Karwa Chauth puja starts at 5:46 pm and ends at 7:02 pm. Karwa Chauth Puja Muhurat or auspicious time lasts 1 hour 16 minutes.
- Fasting time of Karwa Chauth: 6:27 AM, 8:16 PM
- Karwa Chauth Moon Time: 8:16 pm
- Chaturthi Tithi will start at 6:48 am on October 17, 2019
- Chaturthi Tithi ends at 7:29 am on October 18, 2019
In addition to observing immediately, according to tradition, women worship the goddess Parvathi on the day of Karwa Chauth. According to mythology, Goddess, the wife of Shiva, is considered to be Akhand Saubhagyavati. The goddess Parvathi is first worshiped by the women, and then Lord Shiva, Ganesh, and Kartikeya.
If you are married women you must do Karwa Chauth fast. As it is fast of trust and love. Celebrate your love and this event comes once in a year near Diwali.